Nie on nie rezumie po polsku?

Knee deep!
"That is not supposed to be a proper and grammatically correct polish title."
So here I am shivering within the invisible temperature and non-bike friendly terrain that is Poland. 'Why am I here then?' You may be asking yourself, Well the truthfull answer is that I have not instigated the situation at all myself. No thought as to why I am at the destination of such a distant culture of Vodka, Partys and big guys who look really seriouse 98% of the time with the other 2% of which being when they sneeze.
I think due to the thought of just making money selling my gained possesions and living a life in Boring weston-super-mare just riding every tuesday and thursday was a big part of my desicion to 'Up and go', and seeing as I have many friends there and Poland beign as far away from the south west of england as it is, the Idea just happend to flow into my head and so I left hoping for some new lease on life and new experiences. Also There was kinda a friend there who I really wanted to spend more time with and get to know some more.
So I basically Some of the first things I noticed about Polish ways of life that wind me up just to get the rant over and done with:
-All the light switches are on the outside of the rooms, So when I am in the shower or on the Thomas Crapper, Someone can just whop the light of anytime they want and Ill be left to wipe my ass and wash my hair in the dark!
-Only some people speak English..Ha no I'm kidding I don't mind at all.
-There is 3ft of snow by the side of a busy road and 5ft to 8ft everywhere else and this means you can't ride your bike everywhere.Or anywhere for that matter.
-You can't buy ready made sandwiches you have to prepair everything yourself...But thats kinda a good thing but still no good when you are hungry and your not near a home.
Things I love about Poland:
-If you leave a room you turn the light out and you don't leave things running and no one is told to do that people just aint thick and are naturally energy conciouse
-Familys eat at the table, Familys look after each other and familys have an interest in each and every member and the elders don't get snotty that the youngers are not going down the same route they did when they were that age.
-People get out their car when they are in a hurry somewhere to help push some sorry bastard out the snow who is clearly stuck.
-There are always things to do and rad thing to see.
-So many things you pass that just take your breath away or lead you to deep thought like when you walk past a 500,000 square ft warehouse that is derelict and has not windows or doors or anything around it. Its just a reminder of just how amazing this planet is. And how glad I am not another boy that grew up in Weston super mare and got an education and a job for nothing. I am seeing the world. All because Of my bike and Alienation, Demolition and Custom riders.com!
-They have a H&M here in alot of large state of the art shopping malls so I can still look good and do the shirt and tie look! Ha.
Anyways, I digress... So things here are pretty cheap depending on what you buy like this savage bucket I got full of Desperado's that fully stoked me out to the max and lead me to become very drunk on two occasions.
As you can imagine I have been having a good time with these drinks! Also the place where I am living is enormous, The upstairs has 3 bedrooms that are huge and a big spread landing where one of the brothers hangs out ALL THE TIME and we also have a bathroom/shower room that is pretty sizeable too!
So things to ride here...Well like I said due to the 5ft+snow everywhere regardless of it slow evaporation lately, There is not a wide array of things to ride as you could imagine. So Terrance has been left to sleep.
There is a park that is not easy to get into due to it being in a heavily fenced industrial park. The ceiling is not high enough for my generation of rider and the copings stick out and up to much to not learn any bad habits if you were to ride it everyday...The other Option I have to consider so far is the mini ramp in the place I am calling the 'work house' as it is a connected building to our home and it is where the Skiba family run a car servicing bussiness and the middle level is where KB SKATELAB operate and the upstairs is where a photograph industry works and round the corner from that room is the mini ramp.I know how sick!
A real man's business hub!
Now the mini ramp is soo cool but the only problem is the beams for the ceiling being about 5ft away from the coping so I wont be able to do anything more than roll in and duck my head and then just go up one side and fakie the other...At least I can get good at that right?
One of my Friends has been taking me for some sight seeing around one of the citys called Sopot within the 'tri-city' area wich consists of you guest it...3 Cities named Gdanske, Sopot and Gdynia. I have been for some rad walks up and down the longest peirs in europe but was recently halfed due to some insane wave activity recently.I witnesed the sea made of ice and snow too wich was so wierd as it was at night and it was odd to say the least, the surface was all white and had so many mini ice islands, you could not really see the sea at all but you could see it all waving and moving up and down. Whatever.
So I went to see Avatar at a Polish cinema and I thought that it would be dubbed in polish but it was not, the whole film was in English with Polish subtitles and I was like "Hell yes!". That was up untill the characters spoke their foreing language and that was subtitled in polish and then I was a bit miffed. But hell I got the film wich needles to say had a shit social comment to it and was very long winded. The plot was good but it did not stay consistant. But hell I was sat next to my friend so I wasn't too bored.
One morning the snow had become so mental outside the house that the cars were for sure blocked in...So after a late wake up call from the father of the house we went down and grabed shovels and started clearing the drive....
...about 2 hours later everyone had decided they had done enough except for myself who decided it was too much fun to stop and so I cracked on with getting even more snow out the way and then I had the great idea to take my shirt and coat off and start working with just my pink tank top on. (Deep sarcasm with the great Idea comment) What would you guess, within a day I had a belting cold probably from shovelling that ice away from the floor at minus god knows what temperature and wearing nothing but skinnys and a tank top.I did love how everyone was working together tho It feel like English people are all in it for themselfs these days..Maybe that's why it looks like your in Asia when really your in Birmingham these days?
Some things here are pretty nuts like the fact that stalagmites and stalactites are literally like bricks here and if one were to fall of the corner of a building then you would no doubt get stabed up like a crypt in a gang war.
Hmmm.
So to be honest I got the bright idea to buy myself a beast of a coat to stop little Scotty freezing his balls off so My brother Bartek took me down to the shopping mall where we found this insane coat for just 80Z's wich is like £20 back home but the coat would have cost like £120 back home cus it even had a hoodie that zips in and out of it! Boy am I stoked on that purchase ha ha!
And It was minus "HOLY SHIT SON" on the dial so that shows you how cold it was even tho I had my massive furry warm coat on!
This is Debo, He runs at you and gets stoked all the time. What a fun loving dog.
So here is Bartek, He is the man that gives me lifts everywhere and plans out my day. Makes me put on a coat so I don't be a twat again and freeze myself and he is also my general polish life guide. This is the man with the plan???
Bartecks bedroom wall.
This is the mystery guest who I hang out with as much as I can because he is so cool and we have a pretty funny time together and He works really hard (as pictured) so I have been cramming as much time in as possible and seeing each day like its the last with him 'cus he is that busy!
As you can see he is a pretty cool looking dude with long hair.
Here are some overflow pictures of the house and surrounding milarky... I will post a better update next time and sooner too! Again sorry for the slacking tho now I realise I seem to slack off allot.
Peace out, Scotty Bing*
Ramps with the neighbours onlooking home.(sure they are not to stoked to have this as a window view!)
TWO LORRIES
The whole ramp farm.
Cats on an unused chair.
Next door has a big drive..shame they can't use it.
gOOD MORNING!
Maybe I should write to these guys I love the stuff so much?
This is what I been drawing.
(Of course whilst I am working)
This is what my life is recently summed up into.
The One thing I use everyday to chop the cheese and salami and ham to put into my fresh sandwiches wich apparently is all I eat whilst not drinking desperado's.
This is what I am looking at as I be vain and deeply contemplate life.
This is my bedroom view.When I am not being vain.

1 comment:

  1. one mistake, it should be: Nie on nie rozumie po polsku :)

    ReplyDelete