First road trip of 2010 was a treat!

It's been a while since I hopped in a car with some old friends and went anywhere, let alone riding with my original crew. Musta of been about 12 when Hywell drove to my house he looked excited as hell like a kid with a toy gun as per usual. We said some random things to each other, threw my bike on the rack and then headed to town to pick Ben up. Ben was dressed like an absolute grandad/lesbian again to try and grab some attention as his character needs to feed. Leon was also joining us for the trip and we had a blast trying to get 4 bikes on a 3 bike bike rack seeing as His bike doesn't really co-operate with coming apart to make life easy. So the original plan was to meet up with Sam Baskett and Breager at Taunton then all go to Dorchester concrete park and we would see how the day played out and get some filming done. Instead Sam got a head start and sent us a text saying that Dorchester was an ice rink so we all decided to head to Weymouth as it has a roof over some of the park; we turned up the stupid music and headed further south. On the way there we were all singing to some weird song about strawberry's in high pitched voiced and laughing a hell of allot so that became the thing of the day to just shout strawberry's on occasion in a gay voice.ha. Later we saw the sea and there we were in the beautiful town of Weymouth. We got out the car and started making noises like we just got outta bed and then lazily put our bikes back together. Sam and George came rolling into the car park by the skatepark where we were and told us we could not street ride either Cu's everywhere is soaking so we had to ride the park anyways. They got allot of new stuff being put in at the park and allot of the old stuff being taken out which is cool considering the park is getting pretty old and they are still making new things all the time. There was a sick mini ramp spine to step up line I wanted to ride but it was all wet so the only part we could ride was the hip and half pipe section, but that was not a problem Cu's I love that bit. I love dropping in and floating easy airs and not having to pull out or be worried about any dodgy bits of the ramp Cu's its just literally spot on. I was pretty happy I did a massive fufanu out of the half pipe onto this board about 8ft out and nailed it first go for the camera. Ben and Leon were shredding the skateboard section in the little shelter bit...I don't know what went down in there but I heard a series of "yoo's" and a "strawberies!" So I'm sure some fun was had in there ha ha ha. Breager was clicking lookbacks and the locals were being friendly, It was a cool time for me. We only Payed £2 to ride thanks to the nice man at the park and only having an hour left of the session so thanks to 'The Front' skatepark for letting us ride on such short notice. Baskett and Breager headed their own direction and we all managed to take our bikes apart again and we headed into Bridport to see Rob Ridge and ride the epic legacy that is the 'Trick Factory'. How stoked was I to see Rob's face when we turned up at the park. It has been like a year almost since I went there last and all the locals there that were kids nibbling about there were now 18 somehow and shredding the place hitting the ceiling all the time. Ollie was there shutting it down doing some massive 3's on the volcano and Rob,Myself and Ollie had a flatland-off doing our best flatland stunts including wheelies and track stands. It was Rob that took home the win tho by resting his bike on a coke can then running and jumping onto the handle bars then riding stood on the bars! WTF! ha boy have I missed that place. I did some flip fakies and almost did a double suicide truck, Ben did a 3 whip and a tuk no hander he was stoked on and Hywell did a 270 to smith over the channel gap in the bowl there and Leon was stoked on looking way older than he actually is. We then went to a nearby pub where Ben told a bartender what its like to be a bartender hahaha and made us look like tools for hanging out with him and Hwyell treated me to a ham,eggs and chip meal! Thanks for that buddy. We chatted some more shit then unlocked our bikes and decided to be vigilantes and ride our bikes through the pub and then out the front door! How cool are we?(not that cool) "I was riding down the hill thinking away in my own world and Leon jumped out shouting BOO! From in front of a van and I literally shat myself." Then we got in the car and drove back. We had been riding all day and Our witherd bodies went into shutdown and not hardly a word was said between us on the way back. I feel sorry for Hywell having to stay awake and concentrating for an hour and a half driving. When I was home I waved goodbye and looked and the moon shining away, Thought of something, then went in my house, made some toast then watched family guy and collapsed to sleep. What a day! :) Oh I almost forgot to add I looked like a genuine tit all day long.(again)

No comments:

Post a Comment